Friday 18 January 2008

to hand build







This is what I do these days. As always after the long break for holidays and finished projects, I find it hard to get into clay work again. I did as usual:
A few days studio cleaning and organizing. Some sitting, looking (in interios magazines, ceramic books). Some radio and music listening too (without lyrics, soft and repetitive melodies works best for getting in the mood).

I've now come to the point where I work with the familiar. I hand build bowls, it's all about working myself into the mental state where ideas can develop. Some call it inspiration, some call it flow; for me that's always a period of uninterrupted time of work. Precious time.

Above is the building process ow the bowls, a variety of coiling. My fingers are getting quite strong from pinching the clay. I keep all fingermarks and tool tracks, hit the bowl's sides gently with a wooden stick when it's a little dryer, to find the right shape.



This it what might be the result, bowl from last summer.

Lawson Oyekan, hand built clay sculptures, click "artist" to see his portfolio
Nichi niche kore konichi, Jen and Janette replies an image with an image, new steps.
Jesh de Rox, should have been in yesterday's Anna Martinsson post, wedding photographer website that makes you feel special

Wish for you a weekend full of love and light!

8 comments:

paula said...

Va sugen jag blir på att sätta igång och använda mina händer, skapa, skapa när jag ser din början på en skål, det där råa, det som inte är klart, men som kommer att bli ett vackert objekt till slut.
Jag blir alltid lika inspirerad av din blogg! Om det så är dina saker, andras som du precis som jag hittar där ute i cyberspace eller dina vardagliga iakttagelser...
Bibbi,keep up the good work!!!

Andrea Tachezy said...

I understand you very well Bibbi, I don´t like the breaks in my work. It is always hard to continue, I also start with cleaning the studio, preparing the metal plates for etching, cutting papers...But then the joy, when you dive in your work like in the ocean!

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Att börja på nytt. det är underbart. och städa - ja, det behövs ju göras då och då;) Jag håller själv på med en "total studio make over"...

Lylou said...

it may be hard to get back into the swing, but you still come up with the same brillant pieces. I LOVE IT! thanks for being so great.

Annika Sandin said...

Åh vad jag blir avundsjuk. Har testat keramik+dreja en gång, det var vansinnigt roligt. Längtar tills jag kan göra det igen. Skålarna är jättefina!

AZALEA BK FLICKOR -93 said...

Yes, let's all get in the swing this week!

Bibbi said...

Identity split, I was logged in at the new football blog, now I'm me again and still hope for a swinging work week for all of us!

Anonymous said...

I love it !!! I love yours pictures and I also love the result. Great ans simple...