Last week, when I was back home north visiting, I thought a lot of thankfulness. Who are the people I'm thankful to for being a ceramic artist today? This post is my Oscar speech, I send my gratitude to:
- Mom, who was proud of me and looked at all my drawings as invaluable
- Kindergarten teachers, who first provided clay as a material and allowed me to use it freely
- Art teacher Christer at school, who took this teenager's interest serious and opened my eyes to what art could be
- Ceramic teacher Hjördis Martinsson at first art school, for giving the confidence and courage to apply for university
- Artists and guest teachers: Herman Fogelin who opened unknown inner rooms for creation and Lillemor Petersson for encouraging bravery and larger scale work
- Studio partner Ami Lanmark for friendship and comfort in hard times.
- Torbjörn Kvasbö, colleague at HDK, for being provocative and challenging
Wish I had a photo to show of my first candle stick holder ever, from Kindergarten, have a very clear memory of it. Sometimes I recognize this very first piece in what I do now.
Opened the kiln Friday, happy with most. Started playing around with new parts for new ceramic garlands. The pieces make very nice sounds!
Sophi K (beautiful photos) just opened this blog together with friend photographer Janette McVey. Sophi links to Berlin guide, photoblog that makes me wish I was in Prenzlauerberg.