Saturday 15 September 2007

surfaces


Image from late summer trip to Skagen, Denmark. So many feet walked the beach towards the northern tip of the island.


My ceramic surfaces have no perfection.
I leave fingerprints, tool marks, brush strokes as memories of the process.
Slips rather than glossy glazes, the matt surface feels more like part of the clay body than painted on top of it.

Thank you Camilla for being such an inspiration and for all the blog talk before I dared to start! And for bringing so many of your friends here!

Most of you know her beautiful blog already, and if you don't, go there now!

3 comments:

Camilla Engman said...

Visst är det fantastiskt och "livsfarligt" :)

Hanna Åberg said...

tycker hemskt mycket om att det ser så handarbetat ut och inte gjort av en maskin... vackert vackert!

heather smith jones said...

Bibbi- I went to your website and really like your troughs and the clay shapes that are kind of an hourglass shape and have holes in them! They are so great! I'm so glad I to see your work, it's fantastic!