Thursday 25 October 2007

blue house celebration



Hooray today for Eva and Kwon and the Blue house restaurant they've run for ten years. Konstepidemin needs somewhere for eating and meeting; Eva, Kwon and the staff creates a warm and friendly place with many regulars, artists and others.





The original 18th century building was moved here when the epidemic hospital was built in the1880s. At first, we had some trouble finding the right persons to run the restaurant after it was renovated, who could understand the Konstepidemin concept. Now this is where we hang out for lunch, get our "fika" and have occasional parties. Thank you, Blå huset-people!

It's also an important public entrance to Konstepidemin as a whole. The restaurant is used as exhibition space for Konstepidemin artists and will be location for the Christmas market we do every year. The adjoining room is used as a theatre, for lectures and other events. The more the merrier!

Something completely different, a Handy man, John K. Raustein, textile artist, Norway. Still on, my KHVC Gallery show

3 comments:

heather smith jones said...

Bibbi you are in such a great place, being surrounded by other artists fuels the creative spirit! It makes me long to do more residencies... Blue house is charming and looks like a wonderful gathering place for artists. :)

Lylou said...

I am FINALLY personalizing my blog and I hope you don't mind, but I added you to my list of favorite blogs.

Lylou

Bibbi said...

Yes I think I'm lucky and feel grateful everyday I can go there to work. It's not like we are all one big family but like you say, the surrounding fuels energy and spirit.

Lylou, of course I don't mind, I glad to be a favorite! Working on rearranging links, maybe this weekend...

All the best to you both!